Innovation and invention: Why didn’t I think of that?

Sometimes a picture needs almost no explanation:

The clothespin-hanger

The clothespin-hanger

This great idea solves the problem of how to dry all the clothes in the laundry at once, and also helps rid laundry of clothespin marks.  I would imagine that these clotespin-hangers would also double as regular hangers once the clothes are dry.

The sheer simplicity of these hangers is what impresses me most about these innovative and creative hangers.

15 thoughts on “Innovation and invention: Why didn’t I think of that?

1. dubsman says:

not bad, but why is this a major advantage over using ordinary hangars, I do…..they don’t slip that much

2. Ess says:

The don’t look like they’d hold up well during a windy day, and if you are hanging clothes on an outdoor clothesline, you want some wind.

3. David B. says:

why not put a clothespin on the line next to the hanger to keep gravity from pulling it to the middle? clothespins are dirt cheap, and I imagine these would cost more than your average hanger. doesn’t seem like a great idea to me – just one to sucker people out of their money.

4. jose nazario says:

dubsman: coat hangers on a clotheline tend to all weigh down the line and bunch up in one spot. the advantage of having the clothespin hold it to the line is that they don’t slide.

the workaround right now is to use clothespins along the line to let the hangers fall into that.

5. Joel says:

I usually pin socks up between…sock, sock, shirt, sock, sock, shirt.

But these would be handy in a few instances, anyhow.

Dubsman, you must have more tension in your clotheslines than I.

6. roxm says:

Ditch the spring and the extra part and just use a second smaller hook.

7. Burt says:

yes…they slip that much

8. David Li says:

Clothesline bow in the middle. If the shirts are touching they aren’t going to dry well will they. A strong breeze will also knock them off at the right angle as well.

9. Jrix says:

Um, what? I fail to see what has been accomplished in that photo.

10. ironiridis says:

@dubsman Positioning. You don’t want your clothes to all slide together; the clothes in the middle won’t get as dry.

11. glittalogik says:

You could at a clothpin-style clip to this and ditch the metal spring. Cheaper to manufacture and just as effective.

12. Jenn says:

Why not just put the clothes on a hanger and hang them inside on a bathroom curtain rod or make a stand outside to hang clothes on hangers? It seems that’d be a lot simpler since most people have dryers and don’t have to hang dry stuff much.

13. MikeK says:

Why not just hang the hanger on the clothesline?

14. Mona says:

Do you know who manufactures these?

15. Deanoooo says:

before hanging the clothesline, tie knots with 6″ spacing. use regular hangers on the line. the knots will keep the hangers from sliding.