IdeaConnection: Your Innovation Accelerator
Which solution method fits your innovation model?
Description: The Simplex System brings together a creative problem solving process of and some creative thinking tools to help make that process work. It also incorporates the use of a Problem Solving Profile, which addresses each individual's approach to handling problems. In this way Simplex means to enhance the creative problem solving process as well as to improve the applied creative skills of the individuals, teams, and organizations that use it.
The eight steps of the Simplex System, while patterned after standard creative problem solving models, are designed and ordered to ensure that users solve the most significant problems with the best solutions available.
1. Problem Finding: A series of questions prompts users to make sure they are attacking the right problem.
2. Fact Finding: In this step the objective is to uncover as much information about the problem as possible.
3. Problem Definition: Ensures that the problems will be addressed neither too broadly nor too narrowly and at the proper level.
4. Idea Finding: In this, the brainstorming step, the goal is to generate as many ideas as possible without judgment or evaluation.
5. Selection and Evaluation: After a number of promising ideas have been generated, users set criteria for success and employ decision-making techniques in order to evaluate, refine, and select the most promising solutions.
6. Planning: The Implementation stage begins with an Action Plan, which identifies who, what, when, where, why, and how to make the solution work.
7. Selling the Idea: This step addresses the complex issues that arise in the process of selling the solution to those in charge.
8. Action: The solution is put into practice.
Additional problems and solutions to the current as well as other related problems may arise within the Simplex System. Each should be addressed, starting at step one, as part of a continuous improvement effort.
Where to Learn Simplex
Next Thinking Method »
Earn Money Today:Become a Technology Scout
Become a Problem Solver