Can you help one of our clients source the following?
What they are looking for are enabling technologies for wireless power transmission to operate a large, moving part on heavy industrial equipment (crane). The part moves back and forth, from 0.05 meters to 15 meters away from the power source.
Currently, the power is supplied by cables but these often break or malfunction when the crane moves. So the client would like a technology that could be adapted to provide reliable, wireless power transmission.
Enabling technologies of interest will have the potential to provide wireless power transmission that can:
- Power a moving part which moves from 0.05 m to 15m from the power source
- Provide a minimum of 24 volts at 5 amps operating current
- Provide 100 watts of continuous power for a minimum of 5 hours
- Avoid increasing temperature above 80℃
- And more, click here to find out
The technologies should also:
- Cost less than US$4,500 per unit (based on multiple units)
- Require less than 5 hours for in situ charging (if applicable)
- Have more than a 2-year working life with daily use
For the full details of this technology scouting challenge click here.
For details of how technology scouting works at IdeaConnection, including information on how to register as a tech scout if you haven’t already done so, click here.