By Jill Gilbert
Clear, comprehensive advice from an intellectual property lawyer--for every artist, inventor, and small business owner.
Today, virtually all companies, artists, and innovators run the risk of losing their competititve edge-and big money-by not adequately safeguarding their intellectual property. Written by an expert in intellectual property law, this is the first book to address the full range of legal protections available-patents, copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, and licensing-with innovative information you won't find elsewhere, including:
- Legal landmines every successful entrepreneur must avoid
- Business practices that can be
protected-but are often overlooked
- Protecting your intellectual property on the Internet
- What are your ideas and the rights to them really worth?
- Why trade secrets are a powerful and under-utilized protection
- Lessons learned from Amazon.com, Microsoft, and other elite entrepreneurs
- How even smart, savvy AOL lost exclusive trademarks, including "YOU'VE GOT MAIL!"
The Entrepreneur's Guide to Patents, Copyrights, Trademarks, Trade Secrets and Licensing is the definitive guide for the entrepreneur and innovator who is ready to protect what he or she has created-a
About the Author
Jill Gilbert is an intellectual property attorney currently pursuing a Masters Degree in Computer Science and admitted to practice before theUnited States Patent and Trademark Office. She also holds a Masters Degree in Accountancy and a Master of Law (Llm) degree in taxation. She has authored seven books including such titles as PcAnywhere for Dummies, The Quickbooks Bible, and Teach Yourself TurboTax in 24 Hours, and is the coauthor of Online Investing Bible.
Next Book »