How Can We Stop our Contractors from Taking our Customers
Contest Closed: Apr-20-17
We are a software company that provides a platform to connect plumbers and a few other services with customers that are seeking immediate attention. The plumbers we use are not employees. We contract out to small established companies. We have already tested the software and there is strong demand. Our service area is across the whole United States. That greatly limits the business relationships we establish with the contractors. The problem we are encountering is contractors are handing out business cards and telling the customers to call them directly next time they need help. How can we stop this from happening so we can get repeat business from these customers?
Some things we have thought of that don't work:
1. "Hire our own employees instead of using contractors." The problem with that is we want quick access to a large market and using our own employees would result in slow expansion.
2. "Use contracted plumbers that don't have an established company. We would then purchase the working vans and supplies for the contractors to use." Problem with this is cost of purchasing the supplies.
3. "Offer customers a discount for repeat business." We don't view this as a long term solution.
1. Must be 18 years or older to enter.
2. Void where prohibited by law.
3. Enter as many times as you like - but enter each idea separately.
Winner will be notified by email and announced on this site by May-01-17.