RESEARCH PUBLICATIONS: (TOTAL I.F. 64.61; CITATION 106; H-INDEX 06)
Book Chapters (* Indicate Corresponding Author)
1. Khalid A., Ahmad Z., Mahmood S., Mahmood T., Imran M. (2017) Role of Ethylene and Bacterial ACC-Deaminase in Nodulation of Legumes. In: Zaidi A., Khan M., Musarrat J. (eds.) Microbes for Legume Improvement. (pp 95-118), Springer, Cham, Switzerland.
2. Ahmad, Z., Crowley, D., Arshad, M., & Imran, M. (2015). Biosurfactants and Bioemulsifiers for Treatment of Industrial Wastes. In Advances in Biodegradation and Bioremediation of Industrial Waste (pp. 135-161). CRC Press USA.
Original Research Articles Published
3. Yu Tia，Xiaoming Xi，Jinhua Wang，Lusheng Zhu，Jun Wang，Fengzhao Zhang， Zulfiqar Ahmad. 2019. Chronic Toxicological Effects of Carbamazepine on Daphnia magna Straus: Effects on Reproduction Traits, Body Length, and Intrinsic Growth. Bulletin of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00128-019-02715-w. (I.F.=1.65)
4. Wang R, W. Fu, J. Wang, L. Zhu, L. Wang, J. Wang, Z. Ahmad. 2019. Application of rice grain husk derived biochar in ameliorating toxicity impacts of Cu and Zn on growth, physiology and enzymatic functioning of wheat seedlings. Bulletin of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00128-019-02705-y (I.F.=1.65)
5. Lanjun W, W. Zhang, J. Wang, L. Zhu, J. Wang, S. Yan, Z. Ahmad. 2019. Toxicity of enrofloxacin and cadmium alone and in combination to enzymatic activities and microbial community structure in soil. Environmental Geochemistry and Health. DOI: 10.1007/s10653-019-00307-5. (I.F.=3.25)
6. W. Lanjun, X. Xia, W. Zhang, J. Wang, L. Zhu, J. Wang, Z. Wei, Z. Ahmad. 2019. Separate and joint eco-toxicological effects of sulfadimidine and copper on soil microbial biomasses and ammoxidation microorganisms abundances. Chemosphere 228:556-564. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chemosphere.2019.04.165. (I.F.= 5.1)
7. Z. Wenjie, J. Wang, J. Wang, L. Zhu, N. Lv, R. Wang, Z. Ahmad. 2019. New Insights into Dose- and Time-Dependent Response of Five Typical PPCPs on Soil Microbial Respiration. Bulletin of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology. 103:193–198。 (I.F.=1.65)
8. Tayyab A., Z. Ahmad*, T. Mahmood, A. Khalid, S. Qadeer, S. Mahmood, S. Andleeb, Muzammil Anjum. 2019. Anaerobic co-digestion of catering food waste utilizing Parthenium hysterophorus as co-substrate for biogas production. Biomass and Bioenergy 124: 74–82. (I.F.=3.53)
9. Wang R., J. Wang, J. Wang, L. Zhu, W. Zhang, X. Zhao, Z. Ahmad. 2019. Growth Inhibiting Effects of Four Antibiotics on Cucumber, Rape and Chinese Cabbage. Bulletin of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology. 103: 187–192. (I.F.=1.65)
10. Maqbool Z, S. Hussain, F. Mahmood, M. Shahid, T. Shahzad, T. Ahmed, A. Sahar, M. Imran, Z. Ahmed and F. Hafeez. 2018. Metal-tolerant Pseudomonas aeruginosa Strain ZM130 has the Potential for Concurrent Dye Decolorization and Plant Growth Promotion. International Journal of Agriculture & Biology. 20:2621‒2631. (I.F.=0.80)
11. Jha, S. K., Ahmad, Z., & Crowley, D. E. (2018). Fuzzy-genetic approaches for estimation of microbial rock phosphate solubilization in sandy clay loam textured soil. Computers and Electronics in Agriculture, 150: 125-133. (I.F.=3.17)
12. Ahmad Z., M. Imran, S. Qadeer, S. Hussain, R. Kausar, L. Dawson, A. Khalid. 2018. Biosurfactants for Sustainable Soil Management. Advances in Agronomy. 150: 81-130. (I.F.=3.60)
13. Jha S.K., and Z. Ahmad. 2018. Soil microbial dynamics prediction using machine learning regression Methods. Computers and Electronics in Agriculture. 147: 158–165. (I.F.=3.17)
14. Jha S.K., and Z. Ahmad. 2017. Soil Microbial Dynamics Modeling in Fluctuating Ecological Situations by Using Subtractive Clustering and Fuzzy Rule-Based Inference Systems. Computer Modeling in Engineering and Sciences 113(4): 443-459. (I.F.=0.79)
15. Samia Q, S. Mahmood, M. Anjum, Z. Ahmad, A. Khalid. 2017. Utilizing oleaginous bacteria and fungi for cleaner energy production. Journal of Cleaner Production. 168: 917-928. (I.F.=6.39)
16. Riaz B., Z. Ahmad, M. Imran, S. Hussain, A. Ditta, S. Mahmood, A. Khalid. 2017. Algal bioethanol production technology: A trend towards sustainable. Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews. 71: 976-985. (I.F.=10.55)
17. Abbas, N., F. Azeem, M. Imran, Z. Ahmad, Z. Maqbool and M. Abid. 2016. Characterization of a salt resistant bacterial strain Proteus sp. NA6 capable of decolorizing reactive dyes in the presence of multi-metal stress. World Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology. 32(11): 181. (I.F.=2.65)
18. Imran, M., F. Negm, S. Hussain, M. Ashraf, M. Ashraf, Z. Ahamd, M. Arshad and D.E. Crowley. 2016. Characterization and Purification of Membrane-Bound Azoreductase from Azo Dye Degrading Shewanella sp. Strain IFN4. Clean-soil, Air Water. 44(11): 1523-1530. (I.F.=1.33)
19. Li, W., C. Loyola-Licea, D.E. Crowley and Z. Ahmad. 2016. Performance of a two-phase biotrickling filter packed with biochar chips for treatment of wastewater containing high nitrogen and phosphorus concentrations. Process Safety and Environmental Protection, 102: 150-158. (I.F.=4.38)
20. Maqbool, Z., S. Hussain, M. Imran, F. Mahmood, T. Shahzad, Z. Ahmed, Z. F. Azeem... & Muzammil, S. (2016). Perspectives of using fungi as bioresource for bioremediation of pesticides in the environment: a critical review. Environmental Science and Pollution Research, 23(17): 1-22. (I.F.=2.91)
21. Ahmad, Z., M. Arshad, H. N. Asghar, M. A. Sheikh and D. E. Crowley. 2016. Isolation, screening and functional characterization of biosurfactant producing bacteria isolated from crude oil contaminated site. International Journal of Agriculture & Biology. 18(3): 542-548. (I.F.=0.80)
22. Ahmad, Z., Crowley, D., Marina, N., & Jha, S. K. 2016. Estimation of biosurfactant yield produced by Klebseilla sp. FKOD36 bacteria using artificial neural network approach. Measurement. 81: 163-173. (I.F.=2.79)
23. Ahmad, Z., Arshad, M., Crowley, D.E, Khoshnevisan, B., Yousefi, M., Imran, M., & Hussain, S. 2015. Comparative efficacy of ANN and ANFIS models in estimating biosurfactant production produced by Klebseilla sp. FKOD36. Stochastic Environmental Research and Risk Assessment. 30(1): 353-363. (I.F.=2.8)
1. Zulfiqar Ahmad, Hua Zhong, David E. Crowley, Muhammad Imran, Guansheng Liu, Shaista Andleeb, Sabir Hussain, Iftikhar Ahmad. 2019. Rhamnolipid biosurfactant from Klebsiella sp.: Production, identification, functional stability and the effect on phenanthrene degradation. Collide and Surface Interface: B. COLSUB-S-19-01358 (Under Review).
2. Guansheng Liu, Zulfiqar Ahmad, Xin Yang, Hua Zhong. 2019. Transport of engineered nanoparticles in porous media and its enhancement for remediation of contaminated groundwater. Nano Research, NARE-D-18-01085. (Under Review).
3. Lili Huo, Hua Zhong, Guansheng Liu, Zulfiqar Ahmad. 2019. Surfactant-enhanced aquifer remediation: Application overview, limitations and the corresponding countermeasures. Chemosphere. (Under Review).
4. Aqil Tariq, Zulfiqar Ahmad*, Shaista Andleeb, Saqib Abubakar, Rukhsana Tariq, Naureen Zainab, Mobushir Riaz Khan. 2019. Spatial-temporal variation of cropping intensity with respect to edaphic soil factors using remote sensing & GIS techniques. Computers and Electronics in Agriculture. COMPAG-2018-1040 (Under Review).
5. Aqil Tariq，Iqra Riaz, Zulfiqar Ahmad*, Bisheng Yang, Muhammad Amin，Rukhsana Kausar, Shaista Andleeb, Muhammad Aslam Farooqi, Muhammad Rafiq. Land surface temperature relation with normalized satellite indices for the estimation of spatio-temporal trends in temperature among various land use land cover classes of an arid Potohar region using Landsat data. Environmental Earth Sciences, ENGE-D-18-01878R1. (Under Review).
6. Yu Tian, Xiaoming Xia, Jinhua Wang, Lusheng Zhu, Jun Wang, Fengzhao Zhang, Zulfiqar Ahmad. 2019. Chronic toxicological effects of carbamazepine on Daphnia magna: Effects on reproduction traits, body length and intrinsic growth. Bulletin of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology, BECT-D-19-00515. (Under Review).
7. Lanjun Wang, Jinhua Wang, Jun Wang, Lusheng Zhu, Lili Yang, Rui Yang, Zulfiqar Ahmad. 2019. Diversity and abundance of antibiotic-resistant bacteria and genes in fresh and composted manure of three livestock farms in China. Chemosphere. (Under Review).