Agriculture - Green Technologies / Harmony with natural surroundings
Agriculture - Hay
Agriculture - Improvising
Tools - Designing
Computer Science - Problem Solving
Internet - Problem Solving
Agriculture - Problem Solving
Safety - Forest
Safety - Fire
Entertainment - Photography
Cameron Bell's Problem Solving Experience:
- I have often identified whether it is the electronic/mechanical or human/user aspects of a system which require change (or both) and worked out how to do so.
- I have developed a dyke-and-piping system to contain a waterway which otherwise regularly floods and destroys it's original dykes and any forests or human habitat structures in its way.
- I have identified the source of a problem in government mapping software and provided the basis for a solution
- I have developed workarounds for older computing equipment to operate newer software that otherwise requires a different or newer operating environment.
- I have developed translations of one musical instrument's melody to another, to allow full expression of a piece of music with either different or fewer musical instruments available.
- I have helped people detect internet scams by developing a test to put prospective online ventures through.
- I have developed workarounds to allow new internet sites to function for clients with older computing equipment.
- I have developed a no/low-startup-investment busines model, based on covering expenses from income earned rather than investing and paying off from income projected, for which I have received academic acclaim.
- I have fixed an agricultural tractor part for which a new one could not be found by pulling on it with a chain and a truck. Sometimes the simplest solutions are the best.
- I have created program "shells" to facilitate the running of code in languages not installed on local computers.
- I have assisted many businesses in using their older computing systems to perform for their new elements without having to acquire the newer hardware or software that the new elements otherwise require.
- I have created setups allowing rural agriculture systems to be operated by older computing devices than they were designed to require.
- I have made two incompatible computer components function flawlessly together by researching and altering the operating system's registry.