Water wastewater treatment plant, water quality control and air pollution control, and solid waste management. With 15 years of experience in the Environmental Industry, sound knowledge of Air/Water Quality Control/Purification planning.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
• Masters of Philosophy in Chemistry.
• Highly skilled and experienced in air pollution control including both office work and field work
• Ability to analyze ,interpret and draw inference from research findings, and prepare reports
• Attention to detail and ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
• Ability to work with high degree of accuracy
• Ability to handle innovative and challenging projects
• Competent in reviewing analytical procedures and practices
• Strong leadership skills with experience in conducting staff training sessions
• Ontario Valid Driving License (G-1)
COMPETENCE/EXPERTISE (TOOLS & PRODUCTS):
• Instrumental Analysis Tools: Double Beam UV- Visible Spectrophotometer, Atomic Absorption Spectrometer, HPLC, GC/MS and GC
• Large Volume Air Sampler
• Portable Noise Meter
• Chemical Oxygen Demand (COD), Biological Oxygen Demand (BOD) using Titration and Mono-metric BOD Incubator Method and Spectrophotometer
• Operating Systems: Linux, UNIX workstations and servers, Windows 2007/2008 Server/ NT/ XP.
• MS Office: MS Word, MS Power Point, MS Excel
Deputy Director – Water Quality Control Division (WQCD) Sept 2001 – To date
Govt. of Pakistan, Capital Development Authority http://www.cda.gov.pk Islamabad, Pakistan
Working as Deputy Director, Water Quality Control Division of the Central Engineering Laboratory, CDA, I am leading the Water Quality Management Program and ensuring the supply of safe drinking water from source, down the source (Drinking Water Treatment Plants) including Conduction line, distribution network to more than a million residents of the capital city of Islamabad Pakistan, including all the VVIP areas (Presidency, Parliament House, Prime Minister’s house, Diplomatic/Ministers’ Enclave, Judicial Colony, and residences of other government dignitaries).
The activities include management, monitoring and quality control of
• The drinking water sources (Simly Dam Water Treatment Plant, having 42 million gallons per day treatment capacity and Khanpur Dam Water Treatment Plant having 52 million gallons per day treatment capacity).
• 26 small water treatment plants/water works having a total capacity of 30 million gallons per day.
• 188 Tube wells designed for supplying 62 million gallons per day.
• 300+ employees and appraisals based on their performance
Assistant Inspector (Central Laboratory – Environmental Analysis) May 1998 – Aug 2001
Pakistan Environmental Protection Agency http://www.epa.gov.pk Islamabad, Pakistan
• Physico-chemical analysis of drinking water quality of the twin cities including the federal capital of Pakistan, Islamabad.
• Sample collection of effluent, ambient air and soil.
• Instrumental analysis of effluent, air and soil sample for wet, after sample preparation.
• Determination of chemical oxygen demand (COD), biological oxygen demand (BOD) using titration and Mono-metric BOD incubator method and spectrophotometer.
• Instrumental analysis by UV-visible spectrophotometer, atomic absorption spectrophotometer, HPLC, GC/MS and GC.
• Microbiological tests for total coliform.
• Air sampling by a large volume air sampler.
• Noise monitoring by portable noise meter
• Operating of automotive emission analyzer for hydrocarbon and carbon monoxide.
• Operating of flue gas analysis for Sox, Cox and Nox.
• Operating of smoke test kit
Chemist –Quality Control Jan 1995 – Nov 1997
PepsiCo International, Pakistan Mineral Water Bottling Plant Swabi, KPK, Pakistan
I led the quality control by chemical and microbiological analysis of beverages and mineral water. The activities included Monitoring the Syrup preparation and Mineral Water processing from raw to finished products
Languages Gohar Khan speaks: