Areas Ian Trask is Knowledgeable in:
Product Design, Manufacturing Methods
Techniques Ian Trask Uses:
Accurately Define Product Specification / Research existing and emerging solutions within and across product sectors / Construct a workflow diagram to understand and prioritize design process elements and identify critical paths within the process, (e.g. material selection, existing IP or licensing challenges, cost, and cash flow estimations, etc.). / Integrate aforementioned and Design Product / Verify and Validate specification compliance / Source outside services if needed / Assemble all manufacturing support documentation, (e.g. 3D models, Geometry files for export to CNC processes, Cad Drawings to provide materials specifications and GD&T for inspection criteria, prototype cost estimations, Production Cost Estimations, and Contract manufacturing services as needed.
Ian Trask's Problem Solving Skills:
- 3D modeling
- Product Design
- Mechanical Engineering
- Supply Chain Development
- Alternative Construction Technology / Materials
- Manufacturing Process Selection
Ian Trask's Problem Solving Experience:
- Designed an internationally compliant shipping containment system for a product which included Hazardous Materials capable of spontaneous, High-Temperature combustion if exposed to air.
- Designed a Flat-Packable, Walk-in, Glass display case for Mall Installations
- Preliminary Design of a modular, Wireless Sensor Network product line.
- Designed a balancing valve to improve Irrigation/Aspiration control for Phaco-Emulsification surgical applications.
- Preliminary design of an automated roll-hydroforming machine to build low cost, single pass, structural Heat Exchange panels.
- Created an ISO 9000 compliant, "Product Release Process" for systematic handoff of products from R&D into Production.