The literature based approach is always preferred by me. Generally, I try to get the understanding of the related literature. Due to my multidisciplinary nature of work experiences related to pharma and biotechnological disciplines, I tend to co-relate the allied disciplines in a better manner. I believe in translational, product oriented aspect of a research.
If I stuck up anywhere in the middle of my work, I use to read the discussion platforms, blogs related to my issue and I have been come up with something every time till now. I am a positive searcher and I keep on digging the concept till I found what is really wanted.
Saurabh Arora's Problem Solving Skills:
Microbiology & molecular biology
Saurabh Arora's Problem Solving Experience:
During the course of Master's dissertation, I had optimized a chromatographic method of extraction of phytoconstituents using a device known as 'Chromatotron' resulting in the significant reduction of extraction time. The novelty lies in the multiple sample-injection steps and the solvent system optimization.
I was told to design my dissertation project back in the year 2011-2012. I came up with a 'Transdermal Patch' formulation of a herbal extract meant for treatment of dermatophytic infections. The rationale behind the idea of formulating a transdermal patch was to maintain hygiene and prevent exposure of the infected surface and hence to prevent the spread of the disease to others. The idea was created especially for veterinary purpose as the patch will act as an occlusive dressing and it also will prevent frequent dosing. Also, the formulated patch can act locally and/or systemically at the same time. The technical shortcoming of the proposed study was the lack of standardization due to multicomponent nature of the herbal extracts.
Recently completed a pharmacological drugs project over idea connections
During the course of my research project in a 'molecular biology-microbial physiology lab' at CSIR-IMTECH, while working on the Human Microbiome project, I have identified that co-culturing certain microbes together could alter their growth and survival. A beneficial role was established addressing the metabolic pathways of the selected microorganism co-cultured. A probiotic composition is being designed on the same concept in my previous lab. A part of the work has been published in 'GUT PATHOGEN'