Consultant Search – Seeking Expertise for Crop Model Development for G x E Yield Prediction
$2,000 referral fee for each accepted referral.
An accepted referral is a lead that the client decides to follow up on.
A client is seeking a consultant who can provide expertise in genetics, computational biology and crop modeling to assist in the development of detailed crop models over approximately 6 months. The ideal consultant will have experience in creating crop models that incorporate plant genetic variability and varietal interactions with environmental factors, as well as the processes needed for model validation and refinement. The goal is the collaborative development of a valid crop model that predicts 90% of the yield potential for a given germplasm in a given environment and crop management regime.
To be considered, a prospective consultant must
meet the following criteria:
- A proven record in predictive model development for agricultural breeding of crops or animals
- Ability to travel to sites within North America and Europe, if needed
- The ability and willingness to enter into fee-for-service agreements with the client
Ideally, the prospective consultant will have:
- Extensive experience working with big data to model gene or genome interaction with the environment
- Experience in model development using environmental variables such as soil type and composition, historical weather patterns, short term forecasted weather, etc.
- Experience with model calibration and validation methodologies
- Understanding of the use/application of various imaging technologies as predictive phenotyping technologies in crops
- Experience with corn or soy performance modeling