Data Analyst Lead
$2,000 referral fee for each accepted referral.
An accepted referral is a lead that the client decides to follow up on.
Syngenta is seeking candidates who are eligible to work in the US for the following role:
||Data Analyst Lead
||Stanton, MN / Raleigh, NC
||Syngenta Biotechnology, Inc.
The Data Analyst Lead will assemble, lead and manage an organization of global scientists who conduct data analysis and develop routines, using novel and established approaches, which enable the identification and implementation of molecular markers for improved breeding efficiency, through participation in Global Corn Breeding and Native Trait project teams.
- Development and leadership of Data Analysis Team via recruitment, vision, training, development and management of research support personnel globally.
- Provide leadership and genetic analysis to project teams focused on strategic traits.
- Exploit linkage, QTL and association analysis to identify and tag loci of interest with molecular markers.
- Develop and maintain existing workflows to conduct and allow routine analysis of global breeding germplasm.
- Analyze phenotypic and genetic data using advanced IT tools for tracking, storing, and analyzing marker trait association data and results.
- Aid interpretation and communicate results to project stake-holders.
- Develop novel analysis concepts and methods to increase speed of analysis, increase efficiency, and improve overall marker trait association accuracy.
- Drive deployment of new breeding methodologies through collaboration with breeders and communication or training on new tools or workflows as needed.
- Support Syngenta freedom to operate and IP development through filing of invention disclosures and assisting with patent applications.
- Build a personal reputation for cross disciplinary innovation and delivery and contribute to delivery of a corporate culture in this respect.
- Become a focal point for technology innovators and idea generators
Critical success factors & key challenges
- Excellent computer skills are required. Programming experience in R, Perl, and/or SAS is required.
- Project management experience and demonstrated ability to conduct genetic analysis and meet timelines for results.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage complex projects and effectively lead interdisciplinary teams and direct reports to accomplish project goals.
- Experience in established and novel methods of molecular breeding that includes large phenotypic, genotypic, and environmental datasets.
Knowledge, experience & capabilities
- Knowledge and experience in experimental design, quantitative genetics, statistical analysis, phenotypic data quality control, and diversity analysis with relevant software applications.
- Experience in programming and ability to work independently and in a global team environment.
- Effective interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Ph.D. or M.S. with 3-5 years’ experience in genetics, plant breeding, genomics or Computer Sciences, Mathematics, or related field.
- Knowledge and experience in methods of plant breeding, plant breeding theory, genetics, and next-generation sequencing data.
- Demonstrated leadership experience, personnel development and ability to manage multi-disciplinary global teams.
- Experience with large database curation and analysis.
- Experience with ETL and SQL based management software (Oracle, SQL Server).
Critical technical, professional and personal capabilities
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-regional team environment.
- Ability to effectively manage timelines.
- Ability to adjust work schedule to accommodate team members in various time zones.
Critical leadership capabilities
- Results Oriented.
- Customer Focused.
- People Oriented.
- Ability to stand/sit for extended periods is required.
- Flexibility to work extra hours if needed is required.
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the US.