Breeder of Soybean
$2,000 referral fee for each accepted referral.
An accepted referral is a lead that the client decides to follow up on.
Syngenta Biotechnology, Inc. is seeking a Soybean Breeder with the following qualifications.
Santa Isabel, Santa Fe, Argentina
Must speak English. It is of added value if candidate speaks Spanish and Portuguese.
The position is responsible for the planning and development of soybean breeding activities for the development of varieties adapted to different soybean regions in Argentina. This breeder will be part of Syngenta's Global Soybean Team, interacting primarily with breeders in the United States and Brazil.
- Set breeding objectives to meet the needs of the different market niches, prioritizing by importance.
- Design a program suitable to meet these objectives, proposing and budgeting operational needs.
- Run the program from parental selection to the advancement of new lines for product evaluation.
- Interact with breeders in the United States and Brazil, ranking criteria and methodologies and developing projects in common.
- Degree in an agriculture-related field with postgraduate studies, showing a minimum of four years of experience in breeding with a world-class seed company.
- Have knowledge of the Argentine soy market.
- Advanced English (required)
- Be able to work in a team setting.
- Have the ability to interpret and communicate complex instructions. Prioritization and monitoring activities at the same time in peak work periods.
- Results orientation: ability to intense work during critical periods, in both the field and office.
- Good communication, presentation and computer skills.