Seeking Pressure Sensitive Adhesives for Metals
$2,000 referral fee for accepted leads.
Note: the requirements for this technology were updated as of Mar-01-12.
A client is seeking an organic polymer that is a solid material in the absence of solvents and could be used as a ceramic or metal binder in fine powder systems. The material must meet the green strength requirements listed below. The material should burn off cleanly.
- In a green body the green strength (as measured by a standard industry test such as the Brazilian test) should be > 6 MPa at binder loadings < 2% by weight.
- Should be non-tacky under ambient temperatures and pressures (i.e. Tg <40C)
- Material should leave less than 1% residue after prolonged exposure to temperatures in excess of 400°C in air.
- May be supplied in a solid form or in a solution, with an aqueous solution preferred.
- Minimum of freedom to practice in combination with key materials.
- No regulatory negative issues; may require regional registration.
- Preference will be given to materials that are soluble or dispersible in water for application but resistant to atmospheric moisture once applied.
- Tg > 50C
- Ready-to-go products or ingredients compatible with aqueous solutions.
History of safe use, minimal additional safety testing required.
- Patented / trade secret formulations.
- Environmentally friendly.
- Commercially available.
referral fee for accepted leads.