I can participate only part time, mostly during weekends and evenings. I am looking for challenges that will not take longer than 2-3 months to complete.
Areas Adrian Ruiz is Knowledgeable in:
I'm particularly interested in environmental (green) entrepreneurship. I have a fair knowledge of chemistry, engineering and the business world.
Techniques Adrian Ruiz Uses:
1. Brainstorming alternative solutions.
2. Once an approach is defined, "dismantling" the problem into smaller, manageable components.
3. Allocating tasks to people according to their interests, knowledge and experience, to improve the performance of each individual component.
4. Bringing it all together, validating the overall approach and conducting tests (where feasible).
5. Looking for additional opportunities to fine-tune the proposed solution.
Adrian Ruiz's Problem Solving Skills:
Saving energy / materials throughout the life cycle of a product or service
Suggesting applications for an existing material or technology
Conducting extensive literature reviews in the natural / life sciences
Suggesting alternative feedstocks to obtain certain substances
Business incubation and entrepreneurship (especially for green businesses)
Assessing technologies from a sustainability perspective
Reviewing all the patents applicable to a certain technology
Developing theoretical solutions to environmental problems
Adrian Ruiz's Problem Solving Experience:
While in Germany I developed a framework for assessing new technologies from a sustainability perspective.
I've earned US 10,000 solving technical challenges with other open innovation communities.
I participated on the Waste Education & Research Consortium's (WERC) annual competition (New Mexico State U., Sandia Labs) with a method for clearing the clogged pipelines of a nuclear facility in the Pacific NW.