Geophysics, signal processing, probability theory and mathematical statistics, differential geometry, linear algebra.
Techniques Alex Karpenko Uses:
For problem one was used:
- solving of inverse problems of mathematical physics;
- mathematical physics, differential equations;
- differential geometry;
- implementation of mathematical algorithms (C++98/11, MATLAB, Maple).
For problem two was used:
- Arduino development board;
- high pass filters;
- GPS, SD Card shields;
- three-component seismic receivers.
For problem three and four was used:
- probability theory and mathematical statistics.
For problem five was used:
- Linux, Android;
- bluetooth socket programming;
- VoIp stack;
Alex Karpenko's Problem Solving Skills:
mathematical physics, differential equations
C++98/11/14, Python, C#
multithread (Lock-Free), socket programming
probability theory and mathematical statistics, differential geometry, linear algebra
Alex Karpenko's Problem Solving Experience:
1. I developed the processing and interpretation of seismic data that the system has been used to develop oil and gas deposits in the corporation Naftogaz Ukraine.
2. I developed a system for collecting seismic information in the drilling process and a software module for determining the coordinates of the bottom of a well.
3. I developed a software module that computes best hold for a few video poker games.