I have 10 years of professional experience working in the public and private sectors in basic and applied research, in the fields of Medicine and Biotechnology. I became a professional problem solver because things were not easy for me during all these years working in different labs and have to solve a variety of problems from scratch. I intend to use my experience, knowledge and skills to help solve problems.
Areas Dolores Ascon is Knowledgeable in:
Techniques Dolores Ascon Uses:
Understand the problem to solve and create a plan
Search if the problem has been already resolved elsewhere
Creativity and open mind
Information and critical thinking
Honesty and Professionalism
Dolores Ascon's Problem Solving Skills:
- Rapid Diagnostic Tests of pathogens
Dolores Ascon's Problem Solving Experience:
- I improved the mortality of transgenic mice when performing surgery using a model of renal ischemia.
- I improved a method to recover high purity lymphocytes from solid organs (kidney, liver, and lung) for phenotype studies using flow cytometry and culture in vitro.
- I optimized a technique to label kidney lymphocytes subsets of mice and identify with 4-color flow cytometry.
- I improved a technique to recover steam cells from kidney for further testing with flow cytometry, Elisa, and in vitro tests.
- I developed a protocol for the rapid detection of clinical and food pathogens, in compliance with regulatory guidelines.
- I build a strategy for the rational use of lab resources to save time and money.
- I helped find an alternative to lyophilization in order to stabilize molecular diagnostic kits at room temperature to prevent degradation.
- I developed a patented system to efficiently recycle organic waste materials to produce bio-methane and ethanol.