I am an expert in yield determination in corn, soybean and sorghum.
I am an expert in maize, soybean and sorghum crop management, advising farmers in management options.
I am an expert in grain filling traits that has helped detect genetic regions of interest to further dissect responsible genes.
I have experience in working in crops at many cropping systems (US, Argentina, Europe).
I am an expert in understanding genetic and environmental effects over grain quality.
Techniques Lucas Borras Uses:
- I use statistics.
- I conduct experiments for solving complex problems.
- I develop phenotyping protocols for measuring crop traits related to yield determination in maize and soybean.
- I work in close collaboration with experts in other fields (geneticists, food scientists, grain exporters).
Lucas Borras's Problem Solving Skills:
crop physiology, crop growth and development, grain quality
Lucas Borras's Problem Solving Experience:
- I have developed a phenotypic technology that ended in a patent application, it is related to measure silk numbers in maize.
- I have developed many protocols for phenotyping complex crop physiology traits that are related to yield improvement or to grain quality determination.
- I work as a consultant for many large corporations for testing and developing new crop management options for farmers.
- I am currently engaged in helping the supply chain of a special maize that is produced in Argentina and consumed in Europe.