19 years in aerospace systems engineering 1977 through 1996 full time. Since 1996 has been Senior Software Quality engineer in Oregon and part time space systems architect.
1997 – current Senior Software Quality engineer in Oregon for non-aerospace companies, medical devices (cardiac implants) , circuit board CAD tools, anti-virus software, and server projects
Seasoned aerospace professional and space enthusiast. Highly motivated with an extensive breadth of interdisciplinary technical and management skills. Specialized in all aspects of systems safety.
Follows a strong sense of ethics, and thereby gained the trust of government regulators (e.g. NASA, DOD) and customers.
-Analyzes detailed complex issues while putting them in the “big picture” context
- Distills key points of complex issues for presentation to executives, regulators, subordinates
- Effective communicator. Team player and team leader
- Detail oriented while retaining a big picture perspective.
• Seasoned post-graduate professional, technical QA practitioner.
• Proficient in QA, audits, test planning development, methods, tools and scripts for enterprise and client software and firmware
• 15 years experience in Software QA, test and validation using a diverse range of tools and methodologies, including Agile, ISO 9000-3 and SEI-CMM Level-3
• Specialized in developing and implementing thorough tests and strategies, using a combination of manual testing and automation
• Proficient in tools and processes to identify important defects, and mentoring others in them
Operating Systems: Windows-9X/NT/2K/XP/.net/Vista; DOS; Solaris, HPUX, Linux/Bash, Ksh, Csh, EFI
Test Tools: Rational Test Studio, Perl, Silk Test (4Test), Silk Performer; Jtest, Purecoverage, Test Director
QA/CM Tools: Clearcase, Visual SourceSafe, PVCS-VM, RCS/CVS, IBM-CMVC , ClearQuest