I have a background in mechanical engineering, with a master´s and doctor´s degree in industrial engineering / product development.
My TRIZ / Systematic Innovation knowledge was built since 1997 by learning from famous experts and TRIZ Masters in different parts of the world, as well as studying every major book on TRIZ available. I've also learned a lot from the email@example.com e-mail list I created and, of course, by teaching at various levels.
I am a certified coach of Cybernetic Transposition, the best personal development technology currently available (http://tinyurl.com/257h4kh).
My professional experience includes working for John Deere, Volvo, Electrolux and Bosch in the areas of industrial engineering, product development and quality assurance.
My current position is associate professor at UTFPR (Federal University of Technology - Paraná). My activities include teaching, researching, and student advising. I manage the MBA program in Product Development Management, which I created in 2003. I also manage SOMA - TRIZ and Systematic Innovation Laboratory, which I created in 2007.
Since 1997, I have been providing training and consulting to companies such as Bosch, Infraero, Electrolux, FIAT, FIEP, Petrobrás, Siemens, Volvo, Whirlpool, Xerox, CSN and many others in the areas of TRIZ / Systematic Innovation (www.aditivaconsultoria.com).
I am co-author of the book 121 Heuristics for Solving Problems and author of many academic publications.
I am a member of:
- ABEPRO (Brazilian Society of Industrial Engineering);
- ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineers);
- ETRIA (European TRIZ Association);
- IFM (Factory of the Millenium Institute), a Brazilian network with more than 300 researchers;
- PDMA (Product Development Management Association);
- Working Group 5.4 - Computer-Aided Innovation at IFIP (International Federation for Information Processing);
- WFS (World Future Society).