Application of known & researched science & technology in the most cost effective manner whilst being focused on client specified parameters & market requirements & market trends.
Thomas Shaw's Problem Solving Skills:
General management inc start ups
Innovation/R&D/Idea Generation in products based on sugar
Thomas Shaw's Problem Solving Experience:
1) I designed the formulation & process ambient stable for long shelf life ganache product-an industry first
2) I designed & project managed a factory for confectionery based inclusions.
3) Reduced the sugar & sweetness of a high sugar cake decor product by 30%, permitting a legal claim.
4) Developed a stable functional food paint
5) Project Leader & mentor of a team which successfully increased the shelf life of a cake icing by investigating improvements in ingredients, processing & packaging technologies.
6) Resolved a customer issue where cutting of caramel was causing major disruption within their process. A change of formulation and an amended process gave us a suitable product, simpler to manufacture and functional in the end product. This opened up a further element of the bakery market to us and significantly reduced waste and downtime for our customer.
7) Designed several systems for creating valuable materials from clean food waste.