Planar waveguide grating device having Controlled Polarization Dependent Sensitivity and Method of Manufacturing thereof
Solution / invention summary :
Method of manufacturing that controls efficiently the effects of polarization dependent loss (PDL) and polarization dependent lambda (PDλ).
Advantages / benefits :
- The Echelle grating device is much smaller than other commercial technologies like the ones based on AWG;
- Cheap to produce (up to 100 devices on a single waffle);
- Has the necessary precision and throughput for chemical/biological applications;
Potential applications :
- Critical in telecommunication applications where high frequencies are involved (DWDM);
- Agro/bio applications whith UV/visible or broad spectrum.
Licensing opportunity :
Technology available for licensing. Looking for strategic partnerships with manufacturers of equipment in photonics, biophotonics, etc. - Broad spectrum but can be tailored for specific applications.
Muthukumaran Packirisamy, Ashok Balakrishnan, Kokou Dossou
Type of Offer:
« More Communications Patents