Nanotechnology for Nervous System Applications
The National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS) is interested in research leading to the development and demonstration of:
1. Nanoscale materials that modulate differentiation, plasticity, and repair within the nervous system
2. Nanoscale interfaces for stimulation and recording from the nervous system in health and disease
3. Biodegradable multifunctional nanoparticles for imaging and monitoring of the nervous system
4. Nanoscale imaging technologies for neuropathologies;
5. Nanoscale approaches for pharmacological and gene-based therapies to cross the blood brain barrier.
In addition, NINDS is interested in work to understand the interactions at the nanoscale that control growth cone dynamics, axonal guidance, dendritic formation, and synaptogenesis.